If you want to add flavor to your backyard, then old fashioned solar lantern could be a good option.
These vintage solar lanterns remind me of an older day when I used to stay with my grandparents. Back then, electricity was not readily available. We use to depend on oil lanterns for brightness.
But now, things have changed. We have electricity all around the year. We never use the oil lantern.
With the advancement of technology, my oil lamps have been replaced with solar lanterns to add a classic look.
In this article, I will list my 5 best picks for old fashioned hanging solar lanterns.
Is Old Fashioned Solar Lantern Any Good?
Vintage, Classic or Old fashioned solar lantern remind me of my childhood days.
I am sure; these lights will memorize you of your childhood too.
Sometimes you might think – is old fashioned solar lantern worth it?
The answer depends.
If you are looking light for brightness purpose then any solar-powered old fashioned lantern is not an ideal one. However, if you are in the mood to decorate your backyard without the worry of electricity, then this could be a good option.
Another benefit of using these lights are no wire associated with it. You can fix your lights anywhere you want. Read the other benefits of solar lights here (Benefits of solar light).
Old Fashioned Hanging Solar Lanterns
Here is the list of old fashioned hanging solar lanterns.
1. Vintage Edison Solar Lamp
Have you seen these kinds of bulbs in Thomas Edison’s time movies?
This lantern looks similar to that time when bulbs were new inventions.
With a Warm LED Tungsten light bulb, you can hang it anywhere to give a romantic and comfortable feel. The light is made to withstand the harsh climate with a metal finish. The metal is waterproof and heatproof.
The light sensor automatically senses the day and night, they will switch off and on accordingly.
With 1 AAA battery fully charged, it can work for 6-8 hours. The 10 lumens light is good enough to give nice glow to the environment.
2. Solar Lantern Outdoor Hanging
This light could be a perfect for table decoration, garden, balcony or outdoor.
3 Lumen color changing small light could work for upto 8 hours. It will automatically switch off during the day time.
The lantern will have 2 modes – color changing (RBG) and single mode (White).
It does not require any wire and easy to install. The panel need 6-8 hours of direct sunlight and could glow upto 8 hours on a single charge.
3. Solar Powered Edison Filament Bulbs
With a warm built-in LED filament light, solar lantern gives a romantic ambience and shows your exquisite taste to your visitors.
With IP44 certified design, the lantern is a all weather resistant. The black color on iron rim prevents it from rusting.
This could easily be used as an outdoor décor to embrace a backyard look.
The light could easily glow for 7-8 hours on a full charge of 6 hours in direct sunlight.
4. TAKE ME Solar Lantern
The traditional candle-light LED lantern could run up to 8 hours on a single charge. It comes with a 600 mAh replaceable battery. This solar lantern is illuminated by warm white LED Flickering flameless Candle creating a warm glow.
The lantern can automatically switch on in the night and switch-off in the day time.
This lantern can be used on table for outdoor party or decorate your backyard.
5. Hyacinth White Decor Solar Lantern
This solar light is one of its kinds. With an innovative solar panel, waterproof design and flickering LED makes it a perfect item for a gift and decorative purpose.
The light can be hanged anywhere outside. It can take up to 6 hours to charge and illuminating up to 8 hours on full battery.
The hatch on the top of the lantern is good enough to hang it properly. The warm LED light gives a nice flickering just like a candle.
5 Things To Keep In Mind While Buying Solar Powered Old Fashioned Lantern
The things that you should consider before buying solar-powered lanterns are as below:-
- Solar Lanterns Are For Decoration Purpose – The main focus of your purchase is decoration. These lights would not be certainly bright enough. However, they are good enough to give a cozy and romantic light.
- Automatic On-Off System –Many of the solar lanterns comes with an automatic on-off system. The system is such that the light will switch-off in day time automatically. This will save a lot of power.
- Decide The Location Of Solar Lantern – These lanterns require direct sunlight for 6-7 hours of the day. It makes sense to decide the exact spot where you going to place solar lanterns. You should fix the location where they could get sunlight.
- Battery Capacity – Batteries plays an important role in these lights. Higher the capacity of the battery, the longer the light will glow. Ideally, a 400-600 mAh battery will be sufficient to illuminate for 6-8 hours at night.
- Customer Rating – Customer reviews and rating is a non-negotiable thing. A better rating could tell you that the product is good. “This is not rocket science”.
There are plenty of options to choose from the best old fashioned solar lantern. Each sun-powered lantern has its own specialty and features. Some look very old while other resembles old fashioned oil lantern.
Choosing a light totally depends upon your choice and flavor you like.
Let me know in the comment box your favorite solar-powered old fashioned lantern.